Do you know every year; more than 10 million animals die from abuse & exploitation in the US alone? Do you know about 97% of all the animals that are tortured and killed every year are farm animals? Animals aren’t seen as living beings, they are mass-produced for the products they become; Milk, eggs, meat, and leather, they are drugged, injected to produce more milk, eggs, breed more offspring and die. Many of us must have remembered the Joaquin Phoenix Oscar speech, quoted “We go into the natural world and we plunder it for its resources. We feel entitled to artificially inseminate a cow and steal her baby, even though her cries of anguish are unmistakable. Then we take her milk that’s intended for her calf and we put it in our coffee and our cereal”, enough to question ourselves, right?
The world is changing, humans are evolving so is humanity, there is an enormous number of vegetarianism prodigies, like in India, 38% of the population accounts for vegetarianism, but I am a vegetarian so I am vegan too! No, there is a fine line difference, to put it in simple terms, it means to not consume animal meat & dairy products, currently, about 8% of the world population is vegan, but why not move towards a bigger & better stats soon. Veganism (Plant-based diet) is not here to help just our animals but also the environment & us, let’s comprehend,
- reducing global warming (In 2006 reports, US said animals used for food generates more greenhouse gases than all the vehicles combined),
- helps to avoid excessive co2 emission (Livestock sector accounts for a great amount of co2 emission),
- save large amounts of water, yes not just closing the taps but also eating vegetables helps, reduces pollution (animal waste, antibiotics entering inside the water cycle),
- also can reduce heavy wildlife destruction, if one can remember Amazon forest fire & Australia forest fire (Koala bear endangered) this both incident is enough to make the point valid and coming to the points, yes there are more benefits attached to veganism
- like it is linked to a 35% reduced risk of prostate cancer, less number of heart problems, better health & wealth, so many perks, what to wait for!
Many people do assume switching to a plant-based diet might come on the cost of losing out essential nutrients like protein (animal protein>plant protein) but those are not aware of the wholesome benefits you get from plants, not just protein there is carbs, dietary fibre, fat, vitamins & minerals, a well rich diet to precise!
But what to eat when you have cravings for that cheesy pizza and thanks to a fast-paced world we now even have dairy alternatives; almond milk, soy milk, tofu, vegan cheese, yogurt, although it seems a little over the price but is the price equivalent to someone’s life? It seems difficult to switch to veganism at first but once you start, eventually you notice that things are not hard, it soon becomes a lifestyle, you are also contributing a big to the environment and when you change for a good deed, you feel good!
We understand, it’s tough to be vegan but at The Nutri Monk, our experts plan your diet in such a way that it will help you to be healthy without missing your regular food and jaw-dropping recipe. Then, why to wait? Talk to our experts today!
Stay healthy, stay happy!